- Use ANSI C.
- Keep in portability in mind. Test your changes on different
- Follow the coding style of the rest of the code.
- Submit diffs with ``diff -Nur old new''. It is a good idea to review the diff before submission to ensure it contains your changes and no unrelated/accidental changes.
- Squid uses automake, so any makefile changes must be done in Makefile.am, NOT Makefile.in.
- On any changes to Makefile.am files or configure.in, run ./bootstrap.sh to regenerate automake/autoconf derived files.
- Consider hosting your development at devel.squid-cache.org until ready to be merged into the main sources
Guidelines for core developers who commit code to the main cvs.squid-cache.org CVS repository
- Announce major changes to squid-dev some days before making the change to give the other core developers a chance to veto on the change.
- Code MUST be formatted with GNU indent version 1.9.1 and these exact options
``indent -br -ce -i4 -ci4 -l80 -nlp -npcs -npsl -d0 -sc -di0 -psl''
DO NOT attempt using any other version of indent or options. The CVS server will not accept the code if formatted differently.
$Id: guidelines.html,v 1.11 2002/10/03 23:52:43 hno Exp $