The Squid Software Foundation
Member of the Board of Directors
Job Description and Expectations
The Squid Software Foundation exists to support Squid developer and user communities by providing community governance and representation; logistical and administrative assistance; infrastructure resources; as well as copyright ownership and licensing authority.
Major responsibilities shared by the board members while acting in the interest of Foundation:
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial planning and oversight
- Oversight of project planning and evaluation
- Promotion of the Squid Project and its services
- Fundraising oversight and outreach
Directorship positions are unpaid positions elected by the Foundation Board for a period of three years, and directors may be elected to serve multiple periods. The board of directors meet approximately monthly at times agreed by the board members, usually utilizing IRC chat facilities. Committees of the board collaborate via means decided by the committee.
Commitments and Expectations of board members:
- Compliance with the Foundation Conflict of Interests policy.
- Dedicate at least 8 hours per month towards Foundation business, including meetings.
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Foundation action.
- Help communicate and promote Foundation mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Foundation finances and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Foundation including those contained in Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.
- Support Foundation in a manner commensurate with one's ability.
- Be a natural person of no less than 18 years of age.
Applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with nomination for the position of Director. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Please indicate why you think the nominee would be a good Foundation director. Description of any past experience in paid or unpaid positions which demonstrate skills required to undertake any one or more of the above responsibilities of Foundation Director is encouraged.
- About Squid
- Why Squid?
- Squid Developers
- How to Donate
- How to Help Out
- Getting Squid
- Squid Source Packages
- Squid Deployment Case-Studies
- Squid Software Foundation
- FAQ and Wiki
- Guide Books:
- Security Advisories
- Bugzilla Database
- Mailing lists
- Contacting us
- Commercial services
- Project Sponsors
- Squid-based products
- Developer Resources
- Related Writings
- Related Software:
- Squid Artwork