RE: Status of mail list ...

From: Kostas Anagnostakis <kostas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 20:51:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi Barry,

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Barry Raveendran Greene wrote:

> Hello Kostas,
>
> Any pointers to the MIB? I would like to start meshing our work with your
> work. There will be product specific areas, but working towards typical
> things every cache will need to support is something we need to get started.
> Otherwise, people are going to drift off in separate directions.

The latest (well, actually the latest _working_ one ;) ) is available at
http://www.nlanr.net/Cache/cache-snmp/squid-mib-02.txt

I'm currently reviewing both structure and individual fields, so waiting
until next week would probably save you some frustration over the current
design. Also, cacheAccounting group is being defined.

I agree with you on the separation of product specific data. Our first
impressions of _using_ the current experimental mib will hopefully be
helpful in weeding out unnecessary variables etc.

I'm actually pretty much concerned on whether there can be a generic
"cacheProtoStats", to accomodate vital per-protocol counters. ICP, HTTP
and all client<->cache protocols can be easily accomodated. I'm not
sure about CARP , WCCP etc. Any clue?

Greetings,
-Kostas