Re: Release Of Generic Proxy MIB

From: Mark Visser <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 11:18:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Glenn Chisholm wrote:

> > First...there must be some spelling fixes to do ;) (hhtp -> http etc.)
> >
> You mean there are, or there probably is?

There are.

line 56 suport -> support
line 220 HHTP -> HTTP
line 189,198,239 kbs -> Kbs

> > Is it possible to also include something hitrate and possibly number of
> > users ? This isn't that Squid specific I think.
> > Maybe even include the LRU.
> >
> The hitrate is already there, it is proxyHttpHits. What do you
> mean by number of users? The number of distinct IP addresses accessing the
> cache?

With hitrate i was meaning a percentage more, that's easier to graph, but
i'm wondering if that's good too do, it might vary a lot.
What i was thinking of was something like http_hits/total_requests, but
then..what do you count as hit (*HIT* ?)

With number of users I meant the total number of unique IP adresses
accessing the cache in the last 5 minutes/hour etc.

> > And I miss servername on which proxy is running.
> >

> That we can do.

That was the easy one..saved for the last ;-)

Mark

Mark Visser | Student Civiele Technologie & Management
Calslaan 26 - 31 | E-mail: mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl
7522 MC Enschede | SNT-mail: mark@snt.utwente.nl
Telephone: 053-4895038 |
Warning: You can get rid of all the bugs by disabling them from the main menu.