Linux & --enable-snmp

From: Ivan McCann <im@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 22:32:51 +1000

Hello there.

I am hoping that someone can give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong.

I have squid 2.2.DEVEL3 running happily on a Redhat 5.2 Linux box.
I have attempted to enable snmp for MRTG monitoring, and it comes up
with many compile errors, such as:

snmp_core.0: In function 'snmpInit':
src/squid-2.2.DEVEL3/src/snmp_core.c:92: undefined reference to
'snmp_meshCtblFn'
... (repetitions deleted)
src/squid-2.2.DEVEL3/src/snmp_core.c:92: undefined reference to
'snmp_netDnsFn'

There also follow references to snmp_netIpFn and snmp_netFqdnFn.

I have looked through the message archives and found pointers to
installing snmp, which I have done along with developer libs. The
function is too big (creating oids?) for me to debug, and this *must* be
a simple config problem with the build environment.

Anybody? Any Ideas?

Hopefully,

        Ivan McCann