post large files

From: Edward Moy <moy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 12:59:10 PST

I have a request from a user wanting to access a service that may require
posting files up to 100MB in size. Setting the request_size parameter
this large is ridiculous.

It seems to me that squid should only allocate enough space for the
header, and then after opening the connection to the remote host and
sending the header, it could just pass through the rest of the POST.

I took a quick look through the code, and got lost trying to find where
the post data gets sent.

Does this sound doable? Is anyone looking into this? (I'm looking at the
1.0.12 source code; do later version do this?)
Edward Moy
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
3333 Coyote Hill Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304

Email: moy@parc.xerox.com
WWW: http://www.parc.xerox.com/moy/
PGP key fingerprint: AA A1 12 00 9B 13 07 45 19 61 26 A1 AF AF 99 F3