squid doc's ver 0.3

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:30:53 +0200 (GMT)

Have a look at http://cache.is.co.za/squid/

The Squid Users' Guide ver 0.3 is out, I did a moderate amount of work
on it over the weekend. Currently outstanding (among others) are:

1) Client software configuration
2) What next? (cache optimization, more info, optimising loaded caches) *LARGE
3) Hardware configuration for a number of hits
4) Changing operating system settings to optimise caches (some done, some even
        contributed, but I still have to put some of the stuff in the section)
5) Credits (this will take less than 30seconds, since only 1 or 2 people have
        contributed... :(
6) misc tidying
7) binary versions of squid (ie precompiled and ready to download)

Done (stuff that took the most time):
basic concept info
very tiny config file
medium config file, with some sort of reasonable defaults and info as to
what they should be set to.

Any contributions will win a place in the credits, eternal fame, and someone
somwhere will love you for helping with their problem!

I would like info as to what you have done for your `uname -a` so that
I can include it. (including malloc changes, how to increase filehandles in
any OS, equivilents of vmstat/iostat, equivilents of strace/truss/ptrace,
how to increase TCP sessions and so on) Linux I am generally OK with, but
any other systems will be wonderful!

        Oskar