Re: Need advice debugging SIGSEV in memcpy()

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 23:53:14 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Assar Westerlund wrote:
> I would try with any of the memory debuggers avilable: gcc-bounds,
> memchecker, ElectricFence, ... I'm not familiar with the tools
> available for Linux but have been using purify and sentinel to find
> memory bugs in my code.

Thanks, I'll check thse out. I'll go look for the freely available ones.
Maybe later in the future we can afford the commercial tools (if we've
saved enough bandwidth. :)) since we're not a software development
shop (yet).

I was wondering what the guidelines/gotcha's are, like when to use
xmalloc() vs. get_free_8k_page(), etc.

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850