Re: separate error.log?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 97 12:48:19 -0800

map@iphil.net writes:

>Hi,
>
>What do you think of separating ERR_ messages from cache.log? They
>tend to clutter it, especially when you're debugging something.
>Place them in error.log?

I don't think another log file is needed. They are already logged to
access.log as well. I can change the debug levels so they don't appear
unless you add

    debug_options 4,2

to squid.conf.

Alternatively, you should be able to make them go away currently by adding

    debug_options 4,0

I kind of like having the messages in cache.log. It gives some
indication that the cache is up and processing requests, but thats a
personal preference...

Duane W.