Re: copy-on-write

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 16:12:34 +0100

On Wed 28 May, 1997, Oskar Pearson <oskar@is.co.za> wrote:
>So - I still hold that there isn't a need for a stub process....

(at a fork, you go through the data segments for the process, not all
RAM. Yes, it is therefore more efficient to fork a small process than
a large one).

If we were talking about the ftpget stub process, yes there is a need.
Mind you, it doesn't help too much because you still get a failure
when you next rotate the log files, because squid stops and re-starts
the ftpget process.

-- jrg.