squid rewrite

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 18:27:45 +0800 (HKT)

Hello,

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:
> If I recall right, squid is sheduled for major rewrite before 1.2 alpha
> appeares. I think, it is quite a right time to start some debate about its
> overall design evolution. Funny, to talk about this stub stuff, on one
> hand there is a desire to merge most of squid's parts into one to avoid
> multiple processes, while on the other hand there is a desire to split
> squid into functionally separate tasks to make code cleaner and more
> readable.

I think we can have both clean code and a single process.
If I remember right, someone mentioned that the original Harvest code
was messy because it was the code of different people - as reflect
by the naming conventions.

It's the single process/non-blocking/scheduler-oriented model of Squid
that I think is the most confusing. It is really not "obvious" until
you wade in it for some time...

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>