wish list

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:47:48 +0200 (GMT)

Hi

Maybe it's time for an official "wish-list", something like when
the new linux comes out?

Anyway - here is mine...

We have a complicated setup for one of our (part-time) clients

We sell them after-hours bandwidth (ie we propogate BGP routes for
them after hours and they have a link to us)

What I have done is set up an ACL so that they can use us as a parent
during this time... and not at all the rest of the time.

Problem is, since squid considers a cache mal-configured after a huge
number of requests which return ICP denied messages, it won't magically
start working once we start allowing them to us as a parent...

So they have to have a script that copies over one squid.conf with
another one, and then does a "killall -HUP squid".

This could be solved with something like:
cache_host cache.is.co.za parent 8080 3130

cache_host_acl cache.is.co.za !wrongtime

or something like that

        Oskar