Re: Squid and HTTP 1.1

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 10:11:27 -0700

jcn@infinet.com writes:

>Hello,
> I noticed in the 'todo' list that there is some work being done on
>Squid to support HTTP 1.1. I was wondering if the changes being made
>will allow the redirection of HTTP 1.0 requests to HTTP 1.1 requests?
>
>If you want to know why I want to do this, just let me know. I will
>type up a full description of what I want to do. I thought I would send
>you this quick note first, because someone else may have already
>requested it before.

I hadn't thought of doing that yet. We are sort of adding
HTTP/1.1 features a bit at a time. So its not clear yet
how we'll handle the version number problem. I expect that
eventually we'll have '1.1' on all outgoing requests, which will
mean that we'll have to modify some responses sent to clients
claiming to be `1.0'.

Duane W.