Re: Last-Modified vs. Expires

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 12:47:49 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Some thoughts on SSI and Last-Modified:

I beleive that a resonable default behaviour (for people thar don't
care) is to set last-modified to the time of the base file, and having
this well documented in the SSI configuration documentation.

Then use configuration options and/or hacks/modules to change this
behaviour, possibly utilizing some x flags or similar to turn off
Last-Modified on certain pages. But I beleive that the content provider
should be required to do some work to disable caching, and that this
should require enought reading so that the provider known what a cache
is, and why pages should be cached ;-)

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m
Dean Gaudet wrote:
> =
> The default is .html is static, and the admin has to enable .shtml
> (or whatever extension they want) to get mod_include to start working.
> mod_include's default is no Last-Modified.  You have to enable XBitHack=
> full and chmod g+x the files to get Last-Modified.
--MimeMultipartBoundary--