Future timestamp for disk objects

From: Russell Vincent <rv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:21:00 +0200 (SAST)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

I have just been playing with a script to get some stats on
the cached objects stored on disk via the 'log' file and have
noticed that a lot of the objects have a 'timestamp' of sometime
well into the future.

Bad date: Fri Oct 17 14:24:10 1997 http://www.topcar.co.za/9707/Cprado.gif
Bad date: Mon Jul 31 00:30:25 2017 http://www.l0pht.com/merch_ad.jpg
Bad date: Fri Aug 11 02:34:23 2017 http://www.muench.com/html/assignment.html
Bad date: Mon Dec 31 02:40:42 2007 http://www.primenet.com/~webhead/rg1.jpg

No doubt this will cause havoc with choosing which objects to
expire (the 'lastref' field relies on this time, at least when rebuilding
from the store), so I was wondering whether it wouldn't be a good idea
to check the 'Date:' field on retrieved objects (with the current
local time) before using it as the 'timestamp' or 'reply->date'?

Squid 1.1.15.

 -Russell

--MimeMultipartBoundary--