Re: squid-1.2.beta1 available

From: James R Grinter <jrg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:04:44 +0100

On Fri 24 Oct, 1997, Pete Bentley <pete@sorted.org> wrote:
>At 24 Oct 1997 17:01:57 +0800, "Michael O'Reilly" writes:
>>A few minor problems (I'm trying to compile the USE_ASYNC_IO stuff against
>>linuxthreads-0.6).
>>
>>Big one: aiops.h doesn't seem to exist??
>>
>>Can't seem to find this anywhere. Found a version in squid-1.1.1, but
>>the function prototypes et al don't match.
>
>aiops.h my be an IRIX-specific header (I remember the first
>hack'n'slash AIO stuff I did for squid, I managed to sneak some bits

(hi Pete!)

As I mentioned the other day in a side comment, it doesn't compile out
of the box with the ASYNC_IO stuff. You need to remove the inclusion
of aiops.h, and (from memory) fix the prototypes in proto.h slightly

>>structs.h:858 defines a variable called 'errno'. The problem here is
>>that linuxthreads want to '#define' errno to be a thread specific
>>variable, and needless to say, it breaks badly.
>>which doesn't look 100% correct... maybe s/) (/,/g ???
>
>I don't have an ANSI standard to hand, but I have a sneaking feeling
>that making errno a macro rather than an int is changing "defined

SGI do this too for threads (so it probably is illegal ;-). I renamed
the errno structure member to something else to get things to fly.

-- jrg.