non destructive 'kill -HUP' equivalent

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 09:33:34 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Hi

I think that we really need a function that will allow us to effectively
'kill -HUP' the server without trashing all the connections currently
established.

Uses:

1) re-read acl files
2) re-read help files (1.2 thing - supposedly only reads them on startup?)
3) re-read squid.conf, but only re-read the acl lines
4) possibly re-read parents/siblings?

Is this even possible? I think it should be quite easy if you don't
worry about established connections at all.

Which signal would we use? USR1 and USR2 are already taken, AFAIK.

--
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -