Re: conflict of interest

From: miguel a.l. paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 20:13:59 +0800 (HKT)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Srecko Tahirovic wrote:

> Maybe we should keep URLs, but not keep them in memory. We could save
> everything to disk, but keep only things needed for HIT/IMS/MISS in
> memory. When and if we should need URL or anything else that is not
> used all the time we would still have them...

How about putting the URL as a pseudo-MIME header. My assumption is that
initially at least, the servers that request for hit metering are few and
far between, and it won't hurt to visit the store for that.

Which reminds me -- remember that proposal to store the MIME headers and
the object content separately? With this method, it will be easier to
read the headers, and, we could use the headers to store arbitrary info
about the object that we do not want to put in memory.

[Really cool stuff, but unfortunately I haven't done any Squid hacking in
 months. I hope to get back into the action though! :-) ]

--
miguel a.l. paraz	iphil communications, makati city, ph	+63-2-750-2288
--MimeMultipartBoundary--