Re: conflict of interest

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:33:41 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Hi

> Then store the URL on disk somehow (at the beginning of the disk object
> for example). It is not that big problem to fetch it (and possibly other
> needed variables) from the disk at purge-time. I beleive that anything
> that is not needed to support ICP should as much as possible be kept on
> disk.
What about putting the expire stuff in a seperate process? (and remove
unlinkd) Wouldn't it make sense - you would fork once at startup
and tell it how much disk space you need to free periodically?

Other idea - this program could periodically run 'df -k' and see
if the partition is getting full - as it would if your log-rotation
script didn't run...
I quite often get asked if the cache_swap size includes the logs..

On a similar subject:

Would anyone object if the values for cache_swap_low and cache_swap_high
were changed to be either percentage values or actual kb values?

This way with a 10 gig cache with a 1% difference in cache_swap_low
and cache_swap_high you wouldn't delete 10megs at a time... given that
some people have 40gig caches....

Oskar

--
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -