Re: unresponsive cache and stats with a loaded cache

From: Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 23:52:53 +0100 (CET)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

I wrote:

>Hmmm, you're right. The patch below solves this problem by making sure
>that a configurable number of files (default 512, maybe a little too high)
>are written to a directory before going to the next one. Alternating
>among all cache_dirs is still done, too.

I just noticed that the stack of unused file numbers (introduced with the
unlink daemon, see store.c:storePutUnusedFileno) generates random file
numbers being used for storing new files, so we should disable this
feature by setting FILENO_STACK_SIZE to 0 otherwise the above is not true.

Arjan

--MimeMultipartBoundary--