Re: squid gives relative path to ftp server ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 20:52:28 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Duane Wessels wrote:

> Most FTP serves put you in the "/" directory when you first
> connect. This one automatically puts in you "/pub", so of
> course the "cwd pub" command is going to fail.
>=20
> I wonder if the FTP RFC has anything to say about that.

No. The FTP RFC deliberately says nothing about the file structure of
the host. It is up to each implementation to define this.

But if you read it carefully, it does suggest that the ftp server should
start in the directory where the files are located, since directory
operations is a addition to the protocol.

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m
Sparetime Squid Hacker
--MimeMultipartBoundary--