Re: 1.2b14 fun

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:25:16 -0700

Henrik Nordstrom writes:

>Michael O'Reilly wrote:
>>
>> This is during a rebuild. Note that there's a bug in
>> store*Validate*. It does a stat() on the object, and compares it to
>> e->object_len, and it obviously doesn't match (the metadata headers).

I've spent a lot of time in the past couple of days with the rebuilding
code. In addition to finding a few bugs, we decided to make
StoreEntry->object_len into ->swap_file_sz so that we can use fstat()
during the rebuild. The 'object_len' is now moved into MemObject. I'm
finishing up final tests and should have a patch or new version out
tonight.

The bad thing is that this changes the swap.state and metadata
contents, so running this version again wipes out your cache.

Duane W.