misc questions

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 19:29:19 -0500 (EST)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

1. What is a high_water_mark and a low_water_mark?
Are they the range of disk swap size we want to maintain?

2, Squid is doing a periodic removal policy. Is it trying to purge all the
expired obj per period? If I want to do a periodic SIZE, which files
should I remove in each period? Do you think it is fine to remove the
biggest files such that the swap_size is kept below high_water_mark? If
high_water_mark is not exceeded when storeMaintainSwapSpace is called, do
you think it is acceptable to let it do nothing?

3. Since storeGetSwapSpace is a deprecated function, why do we want to
call storeGetSwapSpace(0) at the end of storeMaintainSwapSpace? Is this
also a deprecated code?

Thanks for attention.
Yee Man Chan
A Squid Beginner