Re: Source placement

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 22:55:55 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> where do you guys normally out the source distribution under 'nix?

In my home directory, and I think there is where the majority of the
sources being compiled in the UNIX world is located (somewhere in the
home directory of the user compiling the source).

> Want to be a little consistent =3D)

There is no standards where to keep the sources, only where to keep
binaries, and even there is no standard where to keep local binaries
(not part of the main OS distribution or added from in prepackaged
binary distributions).

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m
Sparetime Squid Hacker