Re: Segmentation Fault

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 18:45:20 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Yee Man Chan wrote:

> I modified Squid but when I tried to run it, it died and then restart.
> When I check cache.log, it shows me that I have a "Segment Violation"
> (a.k.a. Segmentation Fault). I would like to know if there are any method
> to trace Squid such that I can find out where does my program go wrong.

The easies way is to run Squid under a debugger.

Options useful when running under a debugger:
-d to show cache.log on stderr
-N to disable daemon mode (initial fork()).
-C to let the debugger trap all signals.

To run Squid from gdb:

squidserver% gdb bin/squid
(gdb) r -NCd3

remove 3 if running a Squid 1.1 or 1.2beta earlier than beta16.

/Henrik

--MimeMultipartBoundary--