Re: http response headers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:31:55 +0200

Ok, a slightly modified proposal: Reserve a (small) amount of space
somewhere before the body part.

To estimate how much space we need to reserve, we have to identify what
kinds of operations we would like to do:
* Update headers after validation. This usually don't require any
additional space, but it may.
* Add post-store generated information (body MD5, or similar). The
needed amount is known.

It should be noted that we are required to update the stored headers
after validating a cached object, adding any new headers sent by the
server (headers not present in the 304 response is unchanged).

/Henrik