Re: 1.2.beta-20 memory leak

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:15:02 +1200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 05:09:42PM -0600, Duane Wessels wrote:
> The cache manager 'mem' page is a good way to find real leaks of
> the pooled memory items.
>
> The "high (hrs)" column tells you how long ago the highest usage was
> attained. Rows with "high (hrs)" close to zero are likely candidates
> for leaks.

I checked that. There was still a discrepency of about 40M.

I restarted the process - and this time haven't twiddled with it so much and
will see how it goes.

> But of course, non-pooled memory could be leaking too.

Could be.

At first I suspected a libc bug, its running under linux with glibc-2.0.6
which AFAIK doesn't have any known leaks.

So far things look fairly reasonable. It could be that when I was twiddle
stuff that I accidentally make cache_mem really large and hupped it, as
reducing this value and hupping the processes won't bring this value down.

-Chris

P.S. Where did the `expire this URL from the cache now' functionality go?

--MimeMultipartBoundary--