Re: Async-IO

From: Stewart Forster <slf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 09:52:58 +1000

--MimeMultipartBoundary

> Stewart, what thread primitives you mean are broken on Solaris?
> If you mean missing semaphores, then you can use solaris native threads
> library's semaphores, it is ok to mix both thread libs on solaris.

        I realise that, but I was interested in keeping it as portable as
possible by sticking strictly to the POSIX threads interfaces. This was
important since the threads thing was a new concept and needed to work on
as many platforms as possible. Now that we're all aware of what they can
do for Squid, it might be time to introduce OS specific #ifdef's, but that
was against my first design goals.

        Stew.

--
Stewart Forster (Snr. Development Engineer)
connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.