Re: 1.2b20-1: Connection: header, filedescriptor logging

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 00:12:14 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> However, all request header processing is being rewritten for b21.
> Requests will use the same "binary" structures as replies already do.

Nice. I'll look forward to that.

> Thus, you might want to postpone header-related fixes until b21.

Can't say it was a major task ;-). I sort of stumbled on the piece of
code. I am glad to hear that the patch is being superceeded by a "new"
great interface.

It would be nice if you could write a short summary on how the header
interface works, and what it can be used for.

My main focus the last few days has been async-i/o. I had planned to do
some validation of my header processing, but I got distracted by
async-i/o problems, and by the test suite... Now I am back on track to
my body processing, and I only have some minor validation left to do
before submitting it as a refreshed patch.

> There will be new header related bugs to fix though after b21 is
> released, I guess. :)

I bet. There is quite a bit of work to do in header processing, and not
to mention protocol validation...

/Henrik

--MimeMultipartBoundary--