Re: Netscape V3.0.x has persistent connection troubles with Squid 1.2

From: Stewart Forster <slf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:52:44 +1000

--MimeMultipartBoundary

> Stewart Forster writes:
>
> > The problem does not happen/appear under Netscape V4 when talking to
> >Squid 1.2. I don't really know where to start. For now, my fix would be
> >to effectively hobble persistent TCP connections in Squid 1.2 since I don't
> >know enough about this yet and that's the quickest fix for now.
>
> You just want an option to disable persistent connections altogether?
>
> It probably wouldn't be to hard to check for user-agent = netscape-3.*
> and disable pconns for that request.

        I found the fix for it. Basically if it's a netscape-3.* user agent
then we just ignore to Keep-Alive header. So yeah, that's what has to be
done to get Netscape 3 happy with Squid 1.2. Posts now work with between
NS 3 and S 1.2 when this is done.

        I'll forward a patch when I cleanup my hackery.

        Cheers,

                Stew.

--
Stewart Forster (Snr. Development Engineer)
connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.