Re: CARP for squid 1.2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 03:45:13 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Eric Stern wrote:

> I could see using CARP to select parents if you were previously
> using round-robin (in this case each parent is equally "expensive"),
> but probably not anything else. ie using CARP instead of picking
> the closest parent seems silly.

Isn't the obvious case a leaf cache connecting to a ISP using a CARP
based cache?

I silly question (I haven't read up on CARP yet): How is the CARP cache
distribution factors distributed to CARP clients?

To keep a reasonable hit rate it is important that all clients use the
same distribution. If they use different distributions then the cache
iseffectively split in several more or less disjoint caches.

/Henrik

--MimeMultipartBoundary--