Re: CARP for squid 1.2

From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:57:56 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Dancer wrote:
>I may be out of date, but MD5 being a 'strong cryptographic hash
>algorithm' _used_ to be restricted for import and export under the ITAR
>regulations.

AFAIK, MD5 is a hash function. Hash functions are not classified as
munitions. Crypto functions are. Heck, MD5 source is available as an RFC.
It would be rather strange if a certain RFC could not be fetched legally from
certain parts of the world.

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).