Re: Memory blowout

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:29:20 +1200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

On Tue, Jun 02, 1998 at 07:25:06AM -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Have you tried b21/b22? Some store fixes in b21 might solve this problem.

b21 still blows out. The process went from 20M to 77M and is still rising,
no other requests can take place while this is happening.

I expect soon it will hit the swap space, eat that then die....

<pause>

OK - stopped growing once it hits the swap space, presumably constant
swapping has loswed the growth. This time 'kill' works.

Looking at the b22 patches (it would be really kewl if all hunks were
unified, not just some of them) and I don't see anything there that will
help, but I'll give it a whirl anyhow.

<pause>

Nope. b22 also spirals out of control, eating gobs of memory and then
swapping to death....

-Chris

--MimeMultipartBoundary--