persistent connections

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 19:31:04 +1200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

For the curious, I just made some checks of the persistent connection
histograms on a test machine here.

Approximately 58% of all requests come from 1 req/con - both client and
server side. About 12% of connections are 2 req/con - both client and server
side.

I'm really surprised that both client/server side are so close (usually
within 0.5%) but we are talking about 1,500,000 requests, so perhaps,
statistically its quite reasonable.

For 3 req/con -> 120 req/con (yeah, I had one of these) the numbers drop of
dramatically.

I could post actual numbers, but excel just crapped itself... sigh. Anyhow,
it made a pretty pie chart and does to a certain extent show the worth of
HTTP/1.1 pipelining (which can only get better).

-Chris

--MimeMultipartBoundary--