FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:22:29 +1200

I'm seeing a few "FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying." with
beta22 caches. It looks like squid catches the SEGV, exists and the
parent then creates a new child and continues along it merry way.

If I invoke the squid with -C to stop this behavior, I assume it
will coredump and then I can get a backtrace on this...

Only, I never seen any core. Any ideas on why this might be?

One other idea I have, is to attach gdb to the process and leave it
running. When a signal is delivered, gdb will catch it and I can
examine things then, but core is much preferred.

-cw