Re: TCP_IMS_MISS

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 15:40:30 -0400 (EDT)

But my inspection of trace at ftp://ircache.nlanr.net/Traces
told me that TCP_IMS_MISS always (as far as one trace is concerned)
returns 200. Look at the size, it seems to me it comes with an object. I
believe TCP_MISS/304 is closer to what you used to describe TCP_IMS_MISS.
The size tell me this one does not come with an object.

Did I get something wrong here?

BTW, how do Squid determine return code when it does not need to contact
the server or when it only sends IMS to server to query about freshness?

A question to Duane: What is the bo1 and bo2 traces? Are they from the
same root cache or they are different?

Thanks a lot.
Yee Man