Re: memory mapped store entries

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:56:32 +1200

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 04:19:47AM +0200, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

> I'd agree that there are some *very* bad mmap() implementations
> around, but they're steadily improving all over the place, so we
> might as well start taking advantage of it (carefully).

Ummm... a little off-topic and probably not relevant to any `real'
squids in use out there, but since there is an (unofficial?) NT port
of squid of sorts, has anyone verified if it works there?

Oh, and NT has horrible paging characteristics - it really blows
chunks when its low on memory (which is pretty much always).

-cw