Re: memory mapped store entries

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:35:27 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

> Yes, well, I think the rationale behind the pros and cons of mmapped store
> entries have been discussed at length now.

Indeed :)

> I think everyone understands the potential benefits/risks now.

To be sure that everyone's understanding is the same, could you please give a
concise enumeration (one line per item) of benefits and risks derived from
the discussion? Preferably with hard numbers given some cache configuration
(say a 20GB cache, etc.).

This way, when the patch gets out there, every admin would be able to
        - see if the patch should help her (thus, worth testing)
        - see if the patch meets the expectations (after testing)

Otherwise, there will be just one more optimization that is added just
because it "looks good".

Thank you,

Alex.