Stew leaving Squid community

From: Stewart Forster <slf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:30:31 +1000

Hiya,

I am leaving the Squid community as of the 31st of August.

Thanks for all the banter, feedback and discussion regarding Squid and its
intricacies. I've always taken more of a performance tuning and bug fix role
rather than a heavy feature enhancement role since I like things that are
minimalistic and go fast (I also ride a darn quick motorbike). I'd say in
the development of Squid I've had the best and most rewarding time of my
life to date while still doing work.

I wish Duane, Alex, Henrik, Michael O, Andres and Chris W all the best in
your ongoing development of Squid. Squid is an absolutely awesome force
even though it is derived from a humble set of programmers who mostly work
for no money (derived from squid development) and have no other goal than to
work in a synergistic environment to develop the ultimate piece of caching
software. For Duane it must be a research dream come true. Can't imagine
many researchers who receive the assistance that Squid has accumulated.
However the management side is something I imagine Duane could live without.

To all the dozens of other contributors out there keep up the good work.
If you want to develop Squid I have this advice: It may look scary at
first and takes a while to get up to speed, but keep persisting. Always
believe that what you want to achieve can be done, and in the end you'll
usually find out that it can. Don't doubt your own abilities and don't
be scared to wade in where dragons are.

        Cheers,

                Stew.

P.S. Duane, I'd still like to remain on the squid-dev list as a lurker if
that's allowable.

P.P.S. My design for a squidFS is in the hands of Connect staff. The low
level design is mostly complete and partly coded. It may see the light of
day soon in their capable hands.

--
Stewart Forster (Snr. Development Engineer)
connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.