Re: disable dnsserver - what is the cost?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 02:04:45 +0100

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Sorry, I just wanted to clarify your wording so when I try
> threads on OS "F" and they do not work, I will know not to
> complain if OS "F" is not on the "list". I do not care what
> production quality is.

This is my private list:

Solaris 2.5.1 / 2.6: OK
Linux 2.0.35, recent glibc: OK
Linux 2.0.35, libc5, LinuxThreads: NOT ok (may work, but probably not)
Other: Unknown.

And the rule of thumb is always:
Is all current kernel+libc+threads+networking OS patches installed? If
not then the first action is to patch the OS.

/Henrik