Squid Log File wish list

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:57:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

        Is it possible to add more fields to access.log. I believe it
would be extremely helpful for researcher if more information is revealed.

Here are some fields my co-worker and I suggest:

   1. Some indication of cachability
   2. Separate the bytes returned to client into HTTP header size and
      URL data size (both in terms of bytes returned to client).
   3. Add a field to indicate the object size in cache (in case of a
      normal HIT or MISS).
   4. Checksum of data itself (if not too computationally expensive)
   5. Last modified time of URL, expiry time, object timestamp, etc.

        Can you guys print some or all of these things to the next squid?

A series of side questions:

What would squid do when a client aborts a request?
Would squid then abort its connection with the web server?
Will it wait until the object is transferred completely from server to
squid and save it? Or does it save incomplete objects?

Thanks a lot.
Yee Man Chan