Re: Squid-2.1.PATCH2: ident acl

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 19:08:57 +0800

> Also, ident_lookup is needed to get ident lookups on bad/malformed
> requests. This is to catch those idiots who telnet to the http port and
> try to explore ways to abuse it for other uses but fail..

Which, along with performance issues (you want to start the ident lookup
as soon as possible in the hope the information might already be available
when you get up to using it in the ACLs, if you use it there, or when you
go to log the request), is why I chose a separate, fast acl governing ident
lookups in my squid-patch-9.

What is it that you don't like in my way of doing it? -- just the extra
configuration lines, or some deeper issues?

David.