Setting IP_TOS precedence 2 while seneding chached objects

From: Leonid Igolnik - LiM <lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:40:58 +0200 (IST)

Hi,
we are looking for a way to limit connection speed of our clients while
receiving non-cached object, delay_pools class3 wont do in our case, but
we can traffic shaping by means of configuring cisco to check the
precedence field of each packet. I am looking for place to add something like :
(under Linux)

        val = 0x40;
        setsockopt(sock,SOL_IP,IP_TOS,&val,sizeof(int))

if the requested object is in local cache or brought from some proxy-only
child.

Please point me the right place in the code to add the above source, I
believe it should be somewhere in : client_side.c, but I am not sure about
exact location.

Please reply or CC to me privately since I am not subscribe to the mailing
list.

Leonid Igolnik aka LiM