Re: 2.2.DEVEL3 ftp problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 00:44:18 +0100

Now I am back into my mode of disliking the pump module.

Why the heck does the pump module include connection management and
error message generation? Shouldn't all this be left to the calling
module with proper signalling to the callback function?

In my opinion the pump module should only pump data back and forth.
Nothing else. Or else there is little use in having a "generic" pump
module if it can only be used for HTTP.

Also I have not changed my mind on how data should flow from the client
connection to the server. Client connection should be handled in
client_side, and the server connection in the protocol module. I very
much dislike having a module which talks to both the client and the
server.

/Henrik