no_cache hierarchy-bypass type of thing?

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:42:34 +1300

Hmm... has anyone looked at adding a no_cache type of thing to bypass
the hierarchy?

Basically, I want to be able to define an ACL of network addresses
which sibling/child caches should _always_ bypass.

In my case, this is necessary when you have a cache hierarchy spread
over multiple WANs where asking a parent for a document that might be
more optimally grabbed elsewhere is just silly...

-cw