Re: Squid 2.x performance curioisities

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:44:07 +1000

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Dancer,
>
> I might be in the minority here, but I still suspect that disks are
> irrelevant to your problems.

I suspect that you are correct. The disk subsystem seems to be operating
at one percent of total capacity.

> Here is one more simple test you may want to
> try. Enable "endless" persistent connections on *both* poly-client and
> poly-server using
> --pconn_use_lmt const:5000000 --nagle off
> options, and see if it makes any difference. Try with uncachable replies
> to put disks aside.

Will try it when I get into the office (about 15 mins). Did I give you
the results of that last trial? With uncacheable objects the system
performed about 30 req/sec faster than its best using
rep_cachable:80/dhr:55. Yet physical disk I/O was about the same during
each (virtually nil)