PATCH: Proxy Authentication patches

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:15:56 +1000

Here's a patch to implement two frequently requested features associated
with proxy-authentication. Two compile-time flags are honoured:

AUTH_WITH_IP:
        Pass three arguments to the authenticator instead of two. The first is
now the source-ip address of the client (second and third are the
username and password as usual). Squid's authentication caching is
disabled if this is selected.

USERDATA_FROM_AUTHENTICATOR:
        The authenticator is expected to return 'OK __data__' or 'ERR __data__'
as an authentication response. If no extra data is returned, the
username is left unmodified, otherwise whatever is returned as __data__
is used as the username for logging purposes, and is passed to the
redirector in the ident field. I can't say for certain if this one works
well by itself, since I've only tested it in conjunction with
AUTH_WITH_IP, and the modified code structure may introduce some issues
with the internal authentication cache.

Patch attached as an uncompressed tar.
    [ Part 2, Application/X-TAR 28KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]