Re: COSS (squidfs) inital code

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:19:07 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Arjan de Vet wrote:

> What's the general idea on SquidFS? Make a general SquidFS API first
> such that multiple approaches can be tried and compared easily?

Yes.

AFAIK, Duane is working on such an interface. I would vote against any
#ifdef-ed file system support. Ideally, all optional and/or replacable
modules should be removed from Squid's core. Imagine you have SquidFS-1,
SquidFS-2, ..., SquidFS-N, all #ifdef-ed. IMO, #ifdef is a useful hack,
not a useful development paradigm.

Alex.