Re: hierarchy_stoplist & cache digests

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 13:06:02 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Perhaps only status 200 objects should be included in digests?

Sounds reasonable to me. Only _positively_ cached responses should be
digested. Unfortunately, StoreEntry does not have a "HTTP status" flag
so we cannot digest 200 responses only without adding more flags to
StoreEntry (and your patch does add a flag). Ideally, what objects to
digest should be controlled via squid.conf.

Alex.