Re: The store interface

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 19:56:16 -0600

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> I obviously do not agree here.

Henrik,

Since your definition of swapfileno contradicts with Duane's definition,
and both definitions are implicit and vague, we can argue forever without
any progress. A very specific name, "swapfileno" that apparently no longer
means "swap file number" does not help either.

If we can move swapfileno field to the file system specific part of
StoreEntry without modifying anything in the store manager (fs-independent
code), Henrik wins. If we cannot, then Duane is right in keeping that field
in StoreEntry.

Perhaps all will become more clear as documentation, naming, and
implementation mature.

Peace,

Alex.